I love baking and try to bake whenever I get the chance.
Not only do I love eating the foods, but I love sharing and seeing the people I love enjoy them too.
However, this summer while I was away on holiday visiting my family, I found myself reaching for this recipe over and over again to share with my friends and family.
Without a fail, this cupcake recipe came out perfect time and time again! -So I’d love to share this tasty recipe with you guys so that you can share it with your friends and family!
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes and are amazing with or without the frosting, so enjoy!
What you will need to make the cupcake:
200g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Power
280g Caster Sugar
3tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
80g of Unsalted Butter
240ml Whole Milk
1/2 Vanilla Extract
12 Oreo Biscuits Crushed
What you will need to make the frosting:
240ml Whipping cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/338°F
2. Line the cupcake tray with cupcake cases and set a side.
3. Place into a dry bowl: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and butter and mix slowly till a sand-like consistency.
If you only have salted butter then don’t add any extra salt.
Also, if the butter is soft it will be easier to combine and will be less messy!
4. Into another bowl, add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk.
5. Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture slowly while mixing.
6. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
7. Add the crushed Oreo Biscuits in to the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
Mixing with wooden spoon ensures that the mixture is not over worked.
8. Equally divide the mixture into the cupcake cases with an ice cream scoop and gently tap the tray on the counter.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
10. Into a cold bowl, tip the whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar and whip till stiff peaks and transfer to piping bag.
11. Frost the cupcakes once it has cooled, and top with a few Oreo crumbs.
I hope you try out the cupcakes and share them with your friends and family.
I’d love to see your pictures and comments on what you guys think of this recipe.
Have a lovely day…